Shorcuts through modern day life.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Get Credit Card Companies to Stop Calling You

I have a few credit cards. The cards are in good standing, so apart from a monthly statement, I shouldn't have any contact with them. I'm getting calls from these credit cards companies making special offers. "Do I want expanded coverage?" "Do I need insurance?" "Have I tried their stupid new card?" How can I get it to end? Change of address.

Along with your monthly statement is a "change of address" form. If you want the offers to stop, submit the change of address and change only your phone number. Once they take in your change of address, they don't keep old information-- or more to the point, they keep it but they don't do anything with the old information unless you skip out on your bill and have to get a skip tracer to track you down. Once the change of address is in place, these spam calls will go to the dead phone number.

Make sure you record this new number. Should you have to contact the credit card company, they will ask for this phone number as part of your personal information.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home